We facilitate your needs for Leadership Program on Futures Strategies.
We are pleased to offer our introductory course in collaboration with The Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies (CIFS).
FROM MEGATRENDS AND SCENARIOS TO STRATEGY
The Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies (CIFS) is a world leader in applying futures studies and foresight methodologies to client specific challenges on futures studies, megatrends, and scenario planning. The course will provide you with a thorough introduction into how megatrends and scenarios can be applied to strategy, innovation and risk management. Our basis for the course planning is The Copenhagen Method, which is action-oriented, dialogue-based and dynamic.
Beginning with megatrends and then working through a structured process to develop scenarios as a framework to test strategic options, the course guides participants through a method that helps organizations manage uncertainty and reduce complexity by:
- Identifying the range of issues that are of strategic interest, including changes in customer expectations, technological innovation, new entrants, new business models, disruptions, etc;
- Sorting through these issues to focus on those that are most impactful and for which the organization has a poorly developed response;
- Understanding the degree of uncertainty surrounding impactful strategic issues;
- Developing scenarios to explore how the future based on critical uncertainties could develop;
- Stress test strategies against the scenarios to develop organizational resiliency and thereby identify an organization’s level of preparedness.
This course is for individuals that need strategic forward thinking within management, strategy, innovation, risk management, business development, etc.
This course will give you:
- Solid insight into the megatrends that shape the future and how they may affect your business or organisation
- The ability to spot and analyse critical uncertainties influencing your future strategic environment
- Knowledge of how to use the scenario method as a tool for strategic analysis – strategy development, innovation, and risk management.
- Inspiration for developing innovative products, services, or business models
- The opportunity for networking and exchanging experiences and ideas with strategy leaders from other organisations and industries
- Practical details
The course will take place over two full days at the CIFS office in heart of Copenhagen, Denmark, and consist of a mixture of presentations and workshops facilitated by CIFS researchers and consultants with years of global experience.